Friday, December 17, 2010

Journey of Faith Friday: The Christ is born.

JourneyofFaithbutton2

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign:  The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
-Isaiah 7:14
For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. -Isaiah 9:6

Simeon took him [Jesus] in his arms and praised God, saying; "Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace.  For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel."  
-Luke 2:28-32
This is what God the LORD says-he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand.  I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.  I am the LORD, that is my name!  I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.
-Isaiah 42:5-8

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid.  I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.  This will be a sign to you: 
You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
-Luke 2: 10-12
Merry Christmas to all!!

Are you posting about your faith journey?
If so, please link up.  I would love to read of God's work in your life. 
If you decide to share....enter the URL to your direct post in the linky tool below.  
You can link up any time through next Friday. 

If you join, please help us find one another by sharing the "Journey of Faith" graphic within your postYou can copy and paste the code below.
Next Friday:  I will be enjoying food, family, and fun all while celebrating the birth of Christ.  I do not plan to post (unless I am just feeling inspired) over the next few Friday's.




Amber's Articles



2 comments:

Kindra said...

Beautiful pictures and scripture. I LOVE your picture of Mary and baby Jesus at BSF - the way you captured the light and shadows is amazing. And I love your nativity scene as well. I love the rest of what Simeon said too - 'This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed.'
As always, I'm blessed by your posts!

Craig said...

following up on Kindra's thought ...."and to Mary, a sword will pierce your heart." The meaning would only gradually come upon her I think. A mom, to have to watch her son grow into the sandals of the Messiah of the world. She had to give him up long before Calvary - but how often was her heart pierced.

God bless you and yours.