Friday, April 8, 2011

Journey of Faith Friday: My Identity In Christ


My Identity In Christ

Several years ago, I was given a book mark with 33 Bible verses written on it.  It has remained in my Bible since that time.  I often pull it out, reading several verses, so that I can be reminded of "Who I am in Christ." These verses consistently encourage me to keep putting my faith and hope in the Lord Jesus Christ, so I thought it was only appropriate to share them with you.

**The bookmark is a product of Freedom in Christ Ministries by Neil Anderson and Mike and Julia Quarles. (Store link HERE. Main website HERE.) The information found below is adapted from the bookmark.

In CHRIST:
*This is not a comprehensive list.  The Bible is full of verses pertinent to our identity in Christ
    I believe knowing who you are in Christ enables you to live a more effective Christian life.  I know each time I read theses verses, many life circumstances are put in perspective.  

    ------------------------------------------------
    You can read previous Journey of Faith posts HERE.

    Every Friday, I post about the work God is doing or has done in my life, as I journey on this road of faith.

    How is God working in your life as you journey with Him?

    Would you consider sharing it with us today?

    If you decide to share...enter the URL to your exact post below.  If you join, please help us find one another by sharing the "Journey of Faith" graphic within your post.

    Amber's Articles


    7 comments:

    Casey Martinez said...

    I love this and I completely agree that it is SO important to understand who we are in Christ. It is the foundation of the relationship we have with Him! Praise God for the awesome things the Lord is teaching you so that you can share with us;0!

    Renee said...

    Love this list!

    Larri said...

    Thanks for sharing your heart and your list. I want one of those bookmarks! :o) Happy Friday, bloggy friend. :o)

    Carolina said...

    Great reminder this morning... thanks for writing them all out. Have a blessed weekend!

    Ashley Sisk said...

    I'm saving this post - good stuff!

    Rebecca B said...

    Wonderful verses/ reminders. Thanks for sharing, Amber! 2 Tim 1:7 has become a life verse of mine and it's always good to read again. As are the others. God's Word is so rich.

    Ashley Sisk said...

    http://www.ashleysisk.com/2011/04/marked-by-love.html

    I linked up too.