Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Finding Beauty in the Everyday. A Guest Post by Lora from Eager Hands

I am continuing with guest posts from bloggers who have not only a passion for photography, but a love for Jesus.  I am honored to have Lora from Eager Hands posting.  After reading her post be sure to click over and visit her blog and her Etsy shop.

Hi everyone! I am so honored to be sharing my heart with y'all today! Thanks so much, Amber, for giving me this opportunity! First off, let me just quickly introduce myself. My name is Lora. I am a happy wife and mother of five children. I love to make things with my hands, and really believe that it is a way to express the love of the Lord. I also love anything vintage, especially from the 70's! And I LOVE Jesus. He is so amazing! (If you'd like to read more about my journey, I'd love it if you visited my blog.)

When Amber contacted me about sharing on her blog regarding my passion for photography, and especially how it pertains to my faith, I was intrigued. I've never really thought much about photography. I started getting interested in it a couple of years ago when I was getting more serious about my etsy shop. My photos weren't very good, and I knew I needed to have better ones if I wanted to have a more successful shop. So, one day, I started praying and asking God to help me and teach me to take better photographs. And shortly after that, He answered my prayer. All of a sudden, I figured out how to really work with my camera to get much better results than I had been getting previously. So, in the beginning of my journey with photography, most of my photos were of the jewelry I had made or of vintage fabric.


And then, gradually, God began a work in my heart that has been truly amazing.  
He showed me that there is beauty to be found.
And taking pictures has helped me to find that beauty in the everyday.

 (my daughter at her 4th birthday party)

When I upload my photos into the computer and begin editing them, I am so often in awe of the beauty in the simplest, mundane things. Like a single rose on my windowsill, or one of my children reading a book on the floor, or even the morning sunlight streaming through my living room windows.




God has used these images to remind me time and time again that there is beauty all around me.
His beauty.


All He asks of me is to have the eyes to see it.

To search for it.

To look beyond the ordinary into the extraordinary.

**************************************
And the best part of all is this:
All beauty comes from the Lord. 
He Himself is the epitome of beauty!
***********************************

"Honor and majesty surround him; 
strength and beauty fill his sanctuary." Psalm 96:6

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: 
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

And when we recognize something beautiful in the photographs we take, 
we need to stop and give praise to God. 
Because He is allowing us to see a tiny glimpse of the beauty of the One our hearts love. 
And when we see Him, we won't be able to turn our eyes away from Him. 
His gaze will captivate us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely! I, too, love how photography makes me mopre aware of the beauty God has placed all around me! He is the most amazing artist, and I love taking the time to appreciate that, and capture it! Thanks for sharing!